Saturday, December 10, 2011

Etsy Front Page!!!



Well, thank you Picnik for giving me a way to edit my photos for Etsy!  Great photography, and sometimes not so great photography with a little editing help really does pay off.  My vintage Fire King aqua bowl made the front page on Etsy.  See the photo editing tutorial here:  Studio Five-0: Goodbye Photoshop, Hello Picnik

Also, thank you to Adrienne Zavalick from Zavalick Designs in Etsy.  Check our her wonderful shop for posters and prints: zavalickdesigns

Making the front page is very exciting for 2 reasons.  First, I sold the item, yay!  Second,  getting on the front page at Etsy is a great way to gain exposure for your shop.  It doesn't always translate into sales, but just getting your name out there can make a difference.

So how do you improve your chances of getting on the front page?  First, of course is have great photos.  This improves your chances of being placed in Treasuries.  Also, making treasuries is a great way to be creative while helping other shops out with exposure.  If you love making and commenting on treasuries like I do, then joining a team can be a lot of fun!  I recently joined the Treasury Challenge NonTeam.  I love the freedom to participate when I want, or don't want, no pressure.  I also love the weekly challenges.  Seeing the creative ways other team members use the weekly featured item is truly inspiring!  Check out the NonTeam blog: Treasury Challenge NonTeam blog

I'm off to create my treasury for this week's challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment