Saturday, November 26, 2011

Serving it Up, Retro Style!

It's that time of year.  Potlucks, office parties, progressive dinners.  I've been on a retro casserole kick these days and can't wait to show up at the next shindig with something really cool!

Check out these beauties currently listed in my Etsy Shop:




My favorite is this Mid-Century Danish Modern gold leaf number by Fire King. The pattern looks a little bit like snowflakes or sunbursts. The tapered legs are especially stylish and classic Danish modern. Perfect for swedish meatballs sprinkled with a bit of green parsley.


This beauty from Glasbake has great style!  The base and lid are stunning copper with black handles.  The glass insert has a beautifully delicate pattern.  Perfect for mac-n-cheese with bread crumb topping.



I love this elegant California Pottery with fluted lid.  The soft tan goes with any decor and the brass trivet is simply beautiful.  Perfect for mashed potatoes or bread pudding.


I've featured this beauty before, but felt it was worth mentioning again.  I LOVE the creamcicle colors of orange and cream!  This is the perfect for your sweet potatoes with marshmallow topping.


This green glass divided dish isn't exacly a for casseroles, but I love the sophisticated look to serve up relishes, or perhaps after dinner mints.  The little etched glass starbursts add a touch of "Mad Men" style to your holiday table.

I hope you've enjoyed these vintage serving dishes as much as I have enjoyed sharing them with you.  Whatever you choose to serve up your holiday cheer in, do it with retro style!!

No comments:

Post a Comment